Friday, October 3, 2008

The Weaker; The Stronger

The one thing a leader, a passerby, or a friend have/should have in common is always having the best interest of others in mind. Sometimes when we're placed in these roles, we wonder if it's possible God has the wrong person for the job; that in fact we could be hindering others instead of helping them. Everyone has their moments of doubt, and doubt is actually a healthy thing. It reminds us that we must lean on God to be able to muster strength and be able to pass it on to others who need it.

I may appear strong but in fact I am weak. For the last year or so, I've been placed in positions where I know what my duties are (as a youth leader, a student, a daughter, a stranger, a friend...) but in a daze of internal weakness have wondered if I am really improving the situation I am in, or just making it worse. Knowing there are so many obstacles which are hidden to the blind eye but apparent to me increases the pressure of doing good and crawling out of my comfort zone. I mean crawling, on hands and feet. I love doing good, but what if what I call good isn't really good at all?





Oh Lord, remind us we are here for a reason, that You have created
loving opportunities for us to take advantage of. Let us not be scared about
showing You who we are. Give us encouragement in our daily situations; that we
aren't damaging others, but instead encouraging love. Let us not
worry, and remind us that weakness gives us the chance to
fully lean on You for strength.

No comments: