Monday, October 6, 2008

I've Lost my Melodic Fingers

Last Sunday I was asked to play guitar for worship at Church, which I ended up saying yes to. On the Saturday, I picked up my guitar to get some practice in for the coming day; it had only been a couple of months since I last played, no big deal. Looking through one of my guitar music books, I stumbled upon music I had learned while still in high school. Good music. Music I used to be able to play well. Music that I tried to play again. Music I sorely massacred.

It was horribly. Before my very eyes I realized I had been dumbed down to chords only, and I forgot almost everything I knew about picking/patterns. I looked on youtube to find a video of someone playing a song I used to be able to play. I found one. I cried a little inside.



I used to be able to play that! AGHHHHH!

Anyways, by realizing my lost talent ("the murderious guitar picker of emeryville"), I have felt a little more motivated to play. Hopefully this will stay with me so in ten years I won't have to resort to the G, C and D chords all the time.

Sick
.

No comments: