Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Use my Imagination

I remember when I had ideas flowing through my head consistently about what I should do next in my art. I would be driving to work and then see a heron in the fog standing on the side of the highway with cars driving by it, and I would say to myself, "That's what I should paint", but lately it has been harder and harder to come up with things to manipulate or recreate without them being suggested or over thought of. 

I miss when the ideas would invite themselves into my thoughts.  It's hard work searching out creations when I haven't even thought of them as creations before.

I need to start getting into the habit of writing down things when they come to mind, because before long I am going to forget them. Now that I think about it, I remember thinking I had so many sweet ideas I still needed to take advantage of, and that I wasn't worried about forgetting them because they were just that good. Well, I have forgotten most of them; apparently they weren't that good.

I should buy a note book and take notes of my mind. Sounds like a gallery show. "Notes of my Mind". Meh, maybe one day.

No comments: