Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Going Against the Girly Norm

I'm not really a girly girl, though I tend to think I have improved much in the way of femininity over the years. 

This year I took up the sport boxing, Ali style. I originally wanted to take kick boxing, but for what was offered boxing ended up being the cheaper choice (and who doesn't like cheap?).  I'm glad it ended up this way, it's hecka fun. And MAN, helloooo muscles I never knew I had before. 

It's definitely a sport geared towards men, I knew that even before taking the class. Showing up to the first day also made it clear that guys are clearly more interested in boxing. Maybe that's why I like it so much, I get to challenge myself with something which I am clearly out numbered in.


I used to think tattoo's were stupid. Actually for the most part I still think they are. Why would someone permanently put a skull on there arm? Seriously, in 20 years it's going to look like a blob. 
"What does that tattoo mean to you?"
"I don't know, I just thought it was cool..."
Sigh.

Good reasoning for something that isn't going to come off.  I think if you're going to get a tattoo, at least have it mean something to you. My friend got a tattoo of the Pink Breast Cancer ribbon for support of her mom. I think that's pretty cool.

This weekend while I was listening to music (coming back from YC in Edmonton, needless to say it was a long bus ride), I suddenly had an epiphany, and realized that I wanted a tattoo. I've always kind of wanted one and have thought about getting a Jesus fish on my foot, but have been told how over done it is, so I changed my mind. This time I have a more secure idea of what I want. If I get it, then I will say what it is. If I don't, then you'll never know. HA.


When I used to work at the construction site (refer to this posting for more information and how I was traumatized), I often would get a ride to work on my boss's motorcycle. Ever since then, I'm in love with them. S.O. M.U.CH. F.U.N. Seriously, if you haven't been on one, you need to befriend someone who has one and make them take you on it. Hopefully one day that person you find will be me; I'm thinking about getting my motorcycle licence this summer. Reasons why? It's awesome, it's cheaper than a convertible with the same effects except better, you can go cruising with your friends (once you convince them to get their own licence), and who doesn't like a motorcycle babe? Seriously. 

No comments: