Thursday, July 13, 2006

Adventures with Construction and other stories.

I like Kendra's format for her adventures, so I borrowed it. Thank you, Kendra.

Chapter One: Going to work on my Bosses' motorcycle

So two weeks ago, my mom went to Kelowna to see my Oma, so I wasn't going to be able to get a ride to work, aka not go work and aka not make money which I most desperately need. So I was hungry for a ride, and it just so happens that my boss lives in ladner; he asked if I needed a ride. I said sure obviously, and then he followed that up with, "I guess I'll ask my wife if she needs the car, unless you don't mind riding the bike." I had to let that sink in awhile. I haven't been on a motorbike before, and to tell you the truth, they kind of freak me out, but I was never given an opportunity to ride one before either, so if I passed this offer, I may never ride a bike in my life!

So I said yes. And it was killer. Killer fun. I want a bike now. If I ever got the opportunity to buy one - plus the thing about having enough money - I would. It is just that much fun. Plus, you feel realllllllly cool. I mean everyone is just looking at you when you stop. Especially if you are just chill and relaxed. You are the popular kid in school.

That is now currently how I transport myself home.

Chapter two: Russian Clan

There is this one group of siders, and they are all russian and basically only speak Russian, because they have no need for english if everyone they hang around is Russian. They like their Russians.

One time when I was cleaning a building and my music wasn't too loud, I heard a Russian guy talking to an English speaking sider, and man, was this Russian getting pissed off. He was swearing right, left and center in his Russian accent, and let me tell you, I think angry Russians are the most scariest of people. The accent definitely adds to it.

Then he said the "F" word. I kind of chuckled.

Chapter three: Never wear a shirt if you don't want someone to ask about it.

The Electricians at work are great, and not creepers which is a bonus. A big bonus, no joke. One of the Electricians there is named Harvey. Now Harvey is awesome, and is able to have a conversation with anyone and end on a good note; he is definitely a very sociable guy.

I was cleaning the upstairs of one of the buildings (like always), and then the electricians came in to hook up the middle for wires and do their electrician business. Oh, side note for the next chapter, one of the guys, Tony, always has a radio, and when you find Tony, you usually find Harvey.

So I walked upstairs to do my cleaning duties, and then I hear Harvey say, "WCB Guitar Player?".

Oh...crap. Out of the most embaressing things to ask, that has got to be one of the most embaressing. For those of you who do not understand, Kendra, Breanne and I had a band for a verrrry short length of time called "Whoopla Cowbell". It was more of a joke title really, but I thought it would be neat if I made t-shirts, which it was, but I never thought about the consequences of it. Trying to explain about a band named whoopla would be horrific, and even ruin my career.

So to not add any major description to my answer, I simple said, "Oh, it was a band I was in."

And then he said, "Oh, so you're a rockstar?" With a smile of course.

And I replied, "I guess."

He laughed, and that was the end of that.

Chapter Four: Singing Electrician

I heard Harvey sing to the radio when he thought I was listening to my MP3 player. He did a rendition of "Sweet child of mine" and "Bad day". He even did all the falcetto parts in "sweet child" almost perfectly. He must of practiced it back in the day.

How well did he sing "bad day"? I tuned out, because I hate that song.


I will continue with more adventures perhaps when I'm done eating dinner.

No comments: