Thursday, May 28, 2009

Craigslist Missed Connections Post: A Good Man

I frequent Craigslist Missed Connections, and I usually find some humorous things from some lonely people. Today I found something human from a person who is obviously searching for something. This has to be one of the best posts I have seen on that site; people really are searching for love. 


older asian gentleman and wife, i think u had parkinsons (kits beach)


Reply to:pers-rvyp4-1194403878@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-28, 10:00PM PDT


Around 9pm tonight at kits beach...you were a handsome older asian gentleman maybe in your 50's, well dressed in a sweater and dress pants, and you sat with your wife on the bench in front of Watermark restaurant watching the sunset. You seemed like you had parkinson's disease and are in an advanced stage. Your wife was always watching over you making sure you were ok, even with all the movements you involuntarily had. After a while the both of you got up and walked down the sidewalk past the beach, and the both of you were trying to hold hands as difficult as that looked. It seemed like she had to hold your hand behind your back just to hang onto you. 

A bit later I saw you go by again with what appeared to be your family, as I saw your boy call you dad and kind of play with you. You were still struggling to hold your wifes hand. 

I have to tell you, I almost cried. Watching that was true love, I can't imagine how difficult it is for the both of you. You have to know that I would give my life for you in a heartbeat if I could make that go away and let you enjoy many many more years with your wife and family. I'm a guy in my mid 30's, and I can only hope to experience love like the two of you have. 

Take care