Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Great Blog Off

Anyone heard of it? Well, Apparently I am now a part of it for a month. I'm too lazy to type out my own description, so here is a nice paraphrase (cough Alan cough):
The Great Blog Off (3.0) is a competition blogging group. Essentially, a variety of bloggers compete to blog better than the others in the group. The best blogger is determined by you, the members of The Great Blog Off group.

Voting will take place June 10-14, with the winner being announced on the 15
th. One vote per person, for one blogger, during that week only. You may base your vote on whatever you think makes the best blogger.

We encourage as much participation as possible. Comment on The Great Blog Off wall, on the
blog's, email, message, whatever.
So there you have it. I'm blogging my life away. It should be interesting, I don't think I have ever committed to blogging more than once a month, let alone once a week, and now I have to do it at least three times a week...SICK. 

Let me do a quick introducing to my fellow competing bloggers since I'm a superb sport. Alan Schram created a site intended to help you (ya you) save money. I've already used his financial advise and have gained an extra $13! That's like 3 happy meals and an extra hot fudge request for your hot fudge sundae! Adam Loewen is a fantabulous photographer who incorporates his work in his blogging and likes to talk about the artist community; oh Adam, you are so creative. Jeff Hawker is a local musician who knows a thing or two about pursuing your dream and making yourself motivated to do so; let's just say, he's got an itunes hook up. Adam Roper is a killer poet who I believe does know it (eww, I can't believe I even went there) and has great reflections to read on life. 

Okay, so I'll be honest, I don't really know the other three bloggers personally, but I have read some of their blogs, so I will say this: Tony Bookless is a very funny man, and is mastering the vlog. Jordan Shaw is another great photographer and shares some of his experiences on his blog. Chrissy Ramstead (yay another girl!) is new to the blog off too, and from a glance at her blog, I think we'll be seeing a health theme. The group is on facebook, so come join and vote your heart out. Actually that was just a figure of speech. You're only allowed to vote once. 

And me? What do I blog about? Anything really. I'm pretty boring (or interesting?) that way. I doubt you'll see any themes, but you never know, I could surprise, and tantalizeeeee...
tan·ta·lize  (tnt-lz)
tr.v. tan·ta·lizedtan·ta·liz·ingtan·ta·liz·es
To excite (another) by exposing something desirable while keeping it out of reach

So to recap, my blogs are out of reach. Have a good day!








2 comments:

adam loewen said...

welcome! and nicely done. looking forward to your blogs this months.

Alan @ Saving For Serenity said...

Hurray! Thanks for the link love and the awesome descriptions of us all. I'm looking forward to you "blogging your life away".

Enjoy it. :)