Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lend me an idea.

I'm planning on submitting a proposal for an exhibition at an art gallery, and the deadline for submitting is March 6. Seems far away in retreospect, but that's not just the deadline for the title of the proposal, it's also the deadline for the works that I am proposing to be finished. I am aiming for 10 or so paintings... that's a lot in a month. The art peeps usually like a theme, and I need one fast that can work with my ideas, and preferably with some works that I have already started. It's a rush because what I create depends on the theme I choose, and I don't want to choose a theme where I need to stretch all my creative endeavors into making excuses why a certain piece fits with the theme "The house resembles the building struggle of man and nature which reflects the struggle between the tide and the ocean...cough...". 

So here are some groupings of paintings/mixed media ideas I came up with (They aren't detailed so  when reading they seem kind of lame...just go with it):


saving yourself  
saving money
saving people    (obviously these three would be part of a collection)


flying low heron over cars
atop the dump  with a kite
ferris wheel with yellow balloon
saving virginity
white rhino (made with paper bags)
thread men putting in light bulb  (thread and paint)
mailbox
squirrel crossing telephone wire
bicycling (crayons and paint)

I have a couple finished paintings and it would be great to try and fit one it; that would mean one less painting to do!:

button tree
crow with blossoms
reflection in water

These are some theme idea to work with some of the ideas/finished works:

saving
dreams
flight
toys
environment
childish dreams
mere child's play


I'm leaning towards mere child's play, cause I figure I can probably fit more in there. I can fit some works in there that would consist of media that children would use ie. crayons, buttons, paper bags, along with deeper/lighter meaning ones.

 Suggestions or thoughts?

No comments: