Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Albums of My Liking

After reading a blog my friend Dan wrote about his favorite music albums, I thought I wanted to write my own list of cds I could listen to in any situation and still not get tired of hearing them. Sadly to say, I could only think of three albums:

 a) that don't sometimes annoy me
 b) that don't make me wonder why I like it in the first place
 c) I have owned for a period of 2 years or more (Dan's rule) 
d) where I enjoy every song on the cd
e)  that remind me of something significant in my past




Sometimes by City and Colour is an album I always seem to play when I paint. I think I cried the first time I heard it.


The second album is Promises for the Imperfect by Number One Gun. To me this album is all about my time at CBC, and even more significantly my time at CBC with Matt. It goes as far back as the first week we met.



The third album is Parachutes by Coldplay. I know they make a lot of rockin' music, but I believe by far this is their best.


Because there is so little that fits my criteria for awesomest ablum eva, I've decided to write about my favorite songs; songs that I always skip to on my ipod, songs that I always have on repeat. I'll be using the same defining criteria that I used to choose my favorite albums except "d)" for obvious reasons. That shall be my next blog, for it will be significantly more than three, I asure you.

EDIT: I lied. I actually have four albums, I forgot an imporant one:



Plans by Death Cab for Cutie is also stellar. That is all.

No comments: